How to Change OpenCart Order Status
Date: December 7, 2018
Being aware of whether the order was processed or when it will be shipped or delivered is highly important for any internet shopper. By punctual delivering precise information about an order, you can gain loyalty and respect from your clients. The possibility to manually change OpenCart order status can help you avoid many inconsistencies and misunderstandings.
How to Change OpenCart Order Status?
In OpenCart, you can manually change order status and enable notifying customers about the update.
- Go to 'Sales' => 'Orders'
- Find the order whose status you want to update and select 'View' action.
- Scroll down to 'Add Order History' section and use 'Order Status' drop-down menu to modify the status.
- In case you want your customers to get notifications about their order status change, tick the Notify box. If necessary, you can also leave a comment for your client.
- When you're done with the updates, press 'Add history' button.
Update OpenCart Order Status via Store Manager
Store Manager for Opencart provides the possibility to quickly update such order details as status, shipping method, payment method etc. You can manage all orders data comprised in one window simply by switching between the tabs.
- Open 'Store' tab and go to 'Orders' section. Here you can find the list of all of your OpenCart orders. Click on the necessary one and find order information in the lower grid. To quicken the search, use the filters on the right.
- In the 'Edit Orders' section you can find all data related to a specific order (customer details, order details, payment details, shipping details, products contained in the order, vouchers etc).
- In order to update the order status, open 'Order details' tab and find the corresponding drop-down menu. After that press 'Apply' button.
In the 'Order history' tab you can check the order status flow along with added comments and check whether a customer has been notified about the order status change.
When all necessary modifications are done, do not forget to post data to web by pressing ctrl+P, for the changes to be introduced on your website.
Advanced Order Management Possibilities
Besides OpenCart order status update, Store Manager allows flexible accomplishment of order import or export procedures, generation and printing of invoices, bulk printing of receipts via thermal printer and other advanced functionalities. You can try out all of these functionalities for 14 days for no charge using Store Manager trial version.