The role of manufacturer is to mass-produce goods and sell them in bulk to retailers (or how the are also called distributors or providers) who in their turn have the infrastructure of store owners that offer products directly to end-users. Thus, running OpenCart store, OpenCart manufacturers are the source of goods receiving.
Manufacturers in their turn would like the products they have developed to be popular and in demand. This is how brands are born.
Naturally, the well-know brands are recognized by clients and goods produced and labeled under their name are more trusted and are bought more eagerly.
Thus, products manufacturer is important information that you as store owner should not omit and have to pay proper attention.
Labeling your products under certain brand will ensure confidence in users’ minds and convince them that the product they have liked is from trusted source and includes all the advertised features.
In Store Manager for OpenCart there is separate section for manufacturers listings and their management. This tutorial will offer you instructions for manual adding of manufacturer and the hints how to manage them massively.
“Manufacturers” section of Store Manager for OpenCart can be found in “Store” tab of applications Ribbon menu. If you click it, you will see new window opened with all available options in the menu and lower grid.
The following OpenCart manufacturers management operations are at your disposal:
- add new manufacturer. After the corresponding button was pressed, there will be no additional window. All information should be filled in the fields of lower grid: name, sort order, store. This way there is no need to switch between different windows, as everything is very smartly placed.
- edit selected manufacturer(s). When you switch between the products and notice in the lower grid information that should be edited, you can do it either for 1 manufacturer as well as for multiple ones by selecting them and then pressing “Edit Manufacturer” button.
- remove manufacturers you are not cooperating any more and goods from which are not longer listed at your store. For your convenience you can select multiple goods to be removed and take them away at once from your shop.
- export information on your OpenCart manufacturer s to the files of Excel, HTML, XML, TXT and CSV format. Particular action can be selected if you click “Export Grid” button and there you will see drop-down from which you will be able to choose suitable operation.
- upload manufacturer image to particular producer of goods. This way you can add logos of famous brands and make products listed under them even more popular and recognizable.
If you have added manufacturer to this section you have just only created brand. Now to apply it to your products you need select goods and then select for them manufacturer in corresponding field of lower grid. Value chosen from available in drop-down OpenCart manufacturers will be applied to all chosen records.
It is also possible assign manufacturers to different goods in bulk when importing new or updating existing products. Here is step-by-step manual on products import -http://www.opencartmanager.com/useful-articles/opencart-product-management/opencart-product-import/
Make your goods recognizable from the first sight by indicated manufacturer for each!