OpenCart Product Import
Appending data from the file to OpenCart is vital for maintaining up-to-date product catalog. Within short span of time you will renew abundance of existing merchandise as well as enrich web shop with new items, whereas manual data input will definitely be time-consuming and insufficient.
OpenCart import coherence and correctness are definitely of great importance, in particular when scope of products to be processed constantly enlarges. Without productive and facile data upload instrument you may remain behind your competitors and lose conversion.
Store Manager for OpenCart application, developed to improve and lighten web shop administrating, provides store proprietors with state-of-the-art data import utility called the wizard. This import means, first of all, lowers the possibility of error and inaccuracy occurring, and walks store proprietors with guiding tips throughout import setting designating.
Successful OpenCart product import outcomes require some settings and preparations to be done beforehand, namely:
- organize data to be transferred in a worthwhile manner and include fields required, depending on whether you upload new merchandise to OpenCart or update existing
- protect your store data from possible malfunctions and proceed with data backup
- images, you are going to add to some entities at OpenCart, won’t be uploaded until FTP connection is not configured. Set it up via Preferences -> FTP
- Store Manager for OpenCart lets you choose between different file formats (.csv, .xml, .xls/.xlsx, .ods, .txt)
Overall OpenCart import from .csv or other file formats process embraces several steps. Firstly commence on the import wizard disposed on the product toolbar, in the product context menu and under Store tab of the main menu. Note, it is possible to run quick import on previously saved import configuration.
Further the procedure takes the following nature:
- Opt for the Import action in the first wizard page
- The next window asks you to indicate the source of the file products and associated data will be imported from and correspondingly choose the file itself. You are free to import from the files placed locally or use remote ones (providing HTTP or FTP URLs). OpenCart import can be fulfilled using previously saved configuration that can be loaded on this step.
- Provide delimiters used to detach data in the file in this window. Below you can check whether these are correct separators since improper values will negatively influence import outcomes.
- One of the most important tasks to be done correctly is field mapping. It means you have to associate file columns to OpenCart database fields. Opt for appropriate product identifier (product ID, Model, SKU, UPC, EAN), so that Store Manager could recognize products, if some should be updated or add new wares correctly.
- OpenCart import from .csv preview window allows to look through data to be uploaded and make sure information is set in a worthwhile manner.
- The next comes the window where OpenCart import options should be defined. You are to choose appropriate import method, category option, provide default image path if you are going to upload product pictures.
- All the settings you have implemented are being displayed on succeeding step of the import wizard. Check whether they suit you and click on corresponding button to start product transfer. If some settings have been configured improperly you can click on Change button beside it and you will be automatically returned to the window where this detail can be modified.
As far as you proceed with every step of data transfer attentively, OpenCart merchandise will be uploaded without a hitch. Simplify your store management with Store Manager for OpenCart and put your business on high-standard level.