Generate Barcode Labels for Multiple OpenCart Products in a Few Clicks
Keeping track of your products manually is a chore? Why not barcode them? Barcodes are used virtually everywhere, from grocery stores to libraries.
What are Barcodes?
Barcodes look like vertical lines of different length and width, which are used to scan and track goods. Although they were first used to track railroad cars, they became even more popular when they were adopted by commodity products for common use.
Why Are Barcodes Useful?
- Barcodes allow you to store information such as name and price in a machine-readable format, which you can then attach to products and easier organize your inventory, especially if your product line is large and diverse.
- You can create special barcodes that the best fit your numbering and inventory system.
- Using barcodes to enter products can be quicker and more accurate than manually typing in item codes. This not only saves time and money, but it also tremendously reduces the risk of human error.
Universally Used VS For Personal Use
If your products are going to be sold in other retail stores, you’ll need to use standardized formats and pay to make sure your barcodes are unique. There are 2 common kinds of barcodes: the Universal Product Code (UPC) and International Standard Book Number (ISBN), that must be applied for through official agencies to validate a product before it can be sold. If barcodes are just for your own business’ use (inner purposes), you can create labels yourself, print and attach to your products. To do that you will need special tools that allow to generate barcode labels.
If you are the owner of OpenCart store and need to create your own barcode labels, Store Manager for OpenCart might be useful for you. Using it you will be able to generate labels in a few simple steps.
How to Massively Create Barcode Labels for Multiple OpenCart Products?
Store Manager for OpenCart makes bulk creation of barcode labels a breeze. Basically, you need to go through the following steps:
1) Open Categories&Products Store Manager
2) Filter products for which you would like to generate barcode labels.
For example, if you need labels for products from some particular category(ies), select built-in filtering option to ‘Show products from selected category(ies)’
If you need to make a selection of products from certain manufacturer, set general filter to ‘Show all products’ and then use heading filter, checking box corresponding to needed supplier. Check the image below -
Other filtering variants possible depending on your needs.
3) Select all products (pressing Ctrl+A) hotkey.
4) Right-click at any of selected products and choose Reports ->Barcode Label
5) At window appearing you will see labels for selected products with the following information -
- Product Name
- Company Logo
You can further save or print labels right away from your computer using ordinary printer.
It’s quite easy to get barcode labels and this really speeds things up for your business. Download free 2-week version of Store Manager for OpenCart and get a complete system to handle barcodes and other store data easily - OpenCart-Store-Manager.com/free-version