How to Upload OpenCart Images to Products in Bulk?
When you are involved in online business, you definitely know that simply having abundance of products is not enough to gain high profit rate. Product representation really matters and works like incentive, attracting customers attention and turning them to make the purchase.
In such a way OpenCart images are crucial for creating appealing product pages. They help advertise merchandise and supplement product description. Evidently, OpenCart shop running does not go without efficient image management, especially image upload. Though, having abundance of products, you will find it inconvenient and time-consuming to add images manually to each and every product.
With Store Manager for OpenCart you will bypass this inconvenience, since its remarkable functional capabilities will help you improve image handling as well as contribute to overall OpenCart store administrating.
Why Is It Worth to Use Store Manager for OpenCart?
Store Manager widens OpenCart images management possibilities and, correspondingly, makes it more of straightforward character. It possesses more efficient mechanism of product pictures arrangement as compared to default OpenCart tool and offers set of advantages, namely:
- the solution comprises OpenCart import of images tool. You are not doomed to manually upload product pictures to add them to necessary items. Images can be uploaded in bulk via product import wizard;
- there is no limitation on number of images you can import. It is possible to add several images to one product. Image column of your .csv file should contain image names, detached by separator;
- it is allowed to add main and additional images to OpenCart products;
- Store Manager handles both local and remote product pictures. It means, you should input image URLs in corresponding file column and they will be uploaded to the store. There is no need to download images to the local folder before performing OpenCart import from csv;
- you can import images of .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png formats via Store Manager for OpenCart. OpenCart image import settings can be defined via the admin.
How to Import Images with Store Manager?
As it was said above, OpenCart product pictures are being uploaded together with products via product import wizard. This procedure takes several steps and is described in details here - http://www.opencartmanager.com/useful-articles/opencart-product-management/opencart-product-import/.
For images to be uploaded and assigned to appropriate OpenCart products, you need to proceed with a couple of settings. First of all, don’t forget to set up FTP connection before commencing on the import process, since each operation you perform over product picture requires FTP connection to be set up. Designate settings in Preferences (F12) -> FTP tab.
After you launch the import wizard, select file to import data from and indicate delimiters that will be used to separate records, you need to associate columns of csv file with corresponding fields at OpenCart database. File column, containing images must be linked to corresponding database fields. Note, here you will find two columns - Image and Extra images. Respectively, the column, containing main product image, should be assigned to Image field, when the column, including additional product pictures is to be linked to Extra images field. Specify the method, products will be identified by.
One more thing to be done is to define image import option on next to the last step of OpenCart data upload. You need to check “Upload images” box in this window.
Once you press Import button on Import Options Preview step, information will be imported to OpenCart.
When importing images with Store Manager for OpenCart, you have more chances to create customer-oriented product catalog bypassing malfunctions and inconveniences.
Free trial version of Store Manager for OpenCart is accessible at - http://www.opencartmanager.com/free-download