OpenCart Database Backup and Restore
Running OpenCart store you should be ready to unexpected turns, occurring over a long enough time-frame. At times something can go wrong in a way that corrupts or deletes vital data what can be risky and negatively influence web shop functioning.
Since OpenCart database collects all the content for your shop, the process of taking database backup is constantly asked-for. This strategy is an inalienable part of every business disaster recovery program. In case some malfunctions happen, for example, in the course of bulk operations carrying out, you can easily recover data.
Procedure of OpenCart database backup is fairly straightforward with Store Manager for OpenCart application. Perform data backing up and ensure that it is viable and capable of reconstituting in case some mishap happens.
Below you can find instructions on how to perform backup/restore via Database Backup/Restore wizard of Store Manager for OpenCart solutions.
Store Database Backup
To make a copy of MySQL database, you must:
- start up the wizard, available under Tools tab of the main menu and select Backup current store database options
- Indicate what file data will be backed to in this window of the wizard
- Choose database tables to be backed up in this window. All the tables are comprised here and you should check boxes for tables to be saved to .sql file. It is recommended to make entire database backup, so leave all the fields checked as they are by default.
- The succeeding window of the wizard provides you two options - backup database only and backup files. If you check Backup database only, only database structure will be saved to the file. Once you choose Backup files option, your OpenCart installation files will also be saved to the file. It is recommended not to choose these options as it can significantly slow the backup procedure down. Once you click on Backup button, the process will start and percentage of procedure completeness will be displayed on special progress bar.
If there appears the necessity to recover database, you should proceed with several simple actions, Restore Wizard includes.
- Launch OpenCart database backup/restore wizard, select Restore over current database option and specify what exactly file, database will be restored from.
- Database script will be displayed in succeeding window of restore wizard.
- The following window offers two options - Force clear database before executing and Restore files. If you select the first option, current database will be cleared before database reconstituting, the second option is responsible for OpenCart files renewing. To start restore procedure, click on corresponding button in this window.
Automated Backup of OpenCart Database
Store Manager for OpenCart allows you to schedule and automate data backups. To arrange scheduled tasks you need to switch to Automated Backup section and add new configuration or modify existing one.
To add or modify configuration you should proceed with the same steps as “Store Database Backup” paragraph describes.
After this you should indicate time, the backup will be accomplished and its recurrence. Click on Add Current Backup to Scheduler icon on the toolbar and designate task conditions.
Backing up your OpenCart site should be a part of your regular maintenance routine. Rely on Store Manager for OpenCart and use its tools for opportune store management.